- July 26, 2013 - "The Vagabond Inn is a secluded B&B/farm/animal rescue/kennel near Naples, N.Y. It is absolutely beautiful. Nestled on a hill overlooking a scenic valley it’s a quiet hideaway and a perfect place to kick back and relax. The room was spacious and clean. It included a hot tub and a patio. There’s a very comfy community room where a very generous, excellent breakfast was server. The people were very friendly and helpful. They make it clear that they’re animal lovers and that’s 100% O.K. with us. We love animals, too. On this trip we brought our dog and she was treated like a queen. She had no problem with their dogs, cats, horses or the humungous pot bellied pig that had free range on the grounds. It was definitely an animal lovers place. For those unfamiliar with the Finger Lakes region of New York, the area is renowned for their vineyards/wineries and their double herds of white tails. Naples is just south of scenic lake Canandaguia. There’s boating, fishing and swimming in the lake. We chose to ride up to the City of Canandaguia, on the north shore to have dinner overlooking the water. At dusk we sat on our private patio. I was so happy sitting with the woman I love, holding hands and enjoying the beauty. The valley below was filled with fog and the pastel sky changed colors every moment. Suddenly, a beautiful black horse ran by followed by a second. It was incredible. "
- July 20, 2013 - "I had a great time staying at the Vagabond Inn. When we got there the first night we were greeted by the owner who showed us around and let us upgrade our room. She was very friendly and answered all our questions. The rooms are amazing and very clean! The pool was clean and even though it was cold for a swim I went in and had a great time. The owner’s daughter and son are also very friendly and made us feel at home. We will definitely go back!"
- July 11, 2013 - "This was my first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and I was a little nervous about the experience but the friendly and helpful staff here made me feel relaxed and at ease. The setting is beautiful and my room was spotless."
- May 15, 2013 - “Update on our trip to Vagabond” - My wife recently reviewed this property, we were there over Mother's Day weekend this year. Had a few issues with water. We were very pleased today to receive a hand-written note sent to us in the mail from the owner apologizing for the inconvenience, along with a check reimbursing us a portion of our payment. This gesture made us feel a bit better about our experience, it showed that she did recognize and acknowledge the inconvenience we experienced during our stay, and that sort of thing goes a long way. We did appreciate her taking the time to do this.
- May 7, 2013 - “A must stay!!” This B & B is wonderful! Everything about it is wonderful! The Innkeeper is so very personable. Food and rooms are out of this world. But it gets even better than that with the scenery. Unbelievable views from the rooms. You can even feed the animals outside. We will be going back for sure if we are ever back in the finger lakes area. There are wineries all over the place---I can't say enough good things about it. Room Tip: The Bristol has a little porch on the side of the room with an unbelievable view.
- April 18, 2013 - "Last weekend I decided to take a 3 of my girlfriend's from work to the Vagabond. I have been there a couple times before. Taking my friends was a great idea. We stayed in the Lodge, and my other friends stayed in the Hideaway. (2 people per room) We were able to take advantage of both suites which was nice. We got a discount for paying in cash. Upon arrival the family was welcoming and the Inn was immaculate! We spent a lot of time admiring the art and collectibles. We had the best time walking around the property and visiting the animals. Our favorite were the albino peacocks. We also LOVED the hot tub, and the views. I plan on returning again- the Vagabond is great for a romantic trip, a solo trip, AND a girl's getaway."
- January 2, 2013 - "My husband and I stayed at the Vagabond Inn on 12/28 & 12/29. We absolutely loved it and will go back again. The property is just beautiful from the views to the suites and common rooms. You will not be disappointed. Patti, Caitlin and the rest of the staff were extremely welcoming and gracious. I have not been so completely relaxed in ages. Can't wait to go back and enjoy what there is to offer in the summer time!!"
- November 5, 2012 - " Just returned from a stay at the Vagabond Inn. This place is a gem - beautiful facilities - a view that is priceless - and owners that will do whatever it takes to make your stay a perfect getaway. Patti and her family are exceedingly accommodating and my wife and I were made to feel comfortable right from our arrival. Our room was perfect - great view - gorgeous decor - a great hot tub and a fireplace to make the environment cozy. Our breakfast was really good too. The grounds are well maintained in this very country setting and we enjoyed visiting the barn and seeing the horses and other animals. The Vagabond is well worth your visiting!"
- October 30, 2012 - " My husband and I stayed at the Vagabond Inn for our 10 year anniversary. Patti and her family were so welcoming and wonderful. Breakfast was delicious, the views amazing, and the atmosphere was relaxing and cozy. We enjoyed our stay immensely and liked that we were able to be unplugged from the rest of the world when we were in our mountain getaway! Definitely go visit we will be back!"
- October 25, 2012 - " My husband & I stayed in the Hideaway Suite in late August of 2012. The room is small but cozy & the bed high for us,but we managed & slept well. The dressing area had a full length mirror and the deep soaking tub with a shower were great! I loved the dressing area and so much space for clothes, suitcases etc. We also had a private balcony with a swing and spectacular view of the property & more. Loved sitting out there. Her son & girlfriend made our breakfast, and were more than happy to make something different if you wanted it and very helpful when asked questions about the area. There were beautiful horses that you can feed, a potbelly pig, white peacocks and when we were there lots of puppies that we could interact with. It was wonderful. There was a beautiful pool, although a little cool for me to go in. (I'm not a pool person, so water temperature has to be like 90). They had lots of seating and & swing in that area as well.. My husband knocked over a big plant pot & broke it and Patti was wonderful about it and told us not to worry about it. Our cellphones did not work in that area, but they told us we could use their phone anytime. My niece & fiance' called us on that phone & they came & got us right away. Was upset that our cellphones didn't work at first then decided why do we want them to while we were there. We were there to relax not make or have phone calls. If we really wanted to use them, we could go to the end of the driveway & use them. It was very peaceful & enjoyable. We loved every part of our stay and have book 4 days all ready for next year & yes, for the same room. Just loved the balcony & the room."
- October 23, 2012 - " My husband & I spent our honeymoon here for an entire week. We absolutely loved everything about it! We stayed in the smallest room available, this did not bother us because we wanted to splurge on other things. Our room was downstairs and had a private outdoor jacuzzi with a view of the mountains.. breathtaking. The property is beautiful! The animals are approachable & very friendly. I can't say enough good things about the family running this place. Patty, the owner is very sweet. Her son Elliott & Jessie are very nice. Jessie made us breakfast every morning. According to the review by johnyjamie they mention there are no options. True, your selection is limited but I noticed another guest that had an egg allergy and something else was made for them. The food was soo good! (Thanks Jessie!) No one sat in the common area with the tv loud, especially not the owners. I think johnyjamie made this part up. The tv in the common area had soft music playing until early evening and then was turned off until the next morning. Our room was cleaned daily and the bed made. Sheets were also changed. We had fresh towels daily. Our room was not dusty at all. It was very clean and well kept. The common area kitchen is small, but really I'm not cooking a meal on my honeymoon, just washing dishes. Not a big deal to us. Elliot took us on a wine tour around the lakes. We had a great time! Also we were able to get a lay of the land for our own travels. There are so many great places to eat. We traveled into Naples, Canandaigua Lake, Keuka Lake, Hammondsport, Honeoye Falls, and Seneca Lake. Driving time was not long to any of these places. We didn't mind either since it was "peak foliage" while we were visiting. There are a ton of hidden jems with great local food and/or upscale dining. The dining recommendations made to us by the staff & the locals were proven to be worth it. We are going to make it a point to travel back to the Inn again! We loved it here! If you are looking for a great escape and some time to yourselves with a beautiful view...this is the place to go."
- October 21, 2012 - "We stumbled across The Vagabond Inn and read the reviews and decided to stay there. Words can not describe the stunning view, the warm gracious welcome, and the ambiance of The Vagabond. What a pleasure it is to find such a place as this!!! Highly recommended!!! Five stars!!! Can't wait to go back and see all the seasons on the mountain!" C&J
- October 20, 2012 - "
My boyfriend and I have a rule to go to the Vagabond at least twice per year. We both have very hectic schedules and getting out of New York City can be a challenge, but the 6 hour drive to this beautiful property is totally worth it. The family is accommodating, friendly, and they have an entire wall of brochures and area information. We love to go to take a drive to Watkins Glen, next time we go to the Vagabond we are taking a wine tour, which the family offers. Seeing the view and the animals are always my favorite part.
Thanks again Patti for another wonderful stay! See you next time."
- October 15, 2012 - "Stayed 10/12/12-10/14/12 This was my third stay at the Vagabond, and each has been better than the last. The rooms are beautiful, the service is friendly and the views are out of this world! I have never had a problem at this inn, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing place to get away from it all. Patti and her family make everyone feel welcome. There's no place like it...I'm already booked for next year!"
- July 3, 2012 - "My wife and I are just back after a delightful three night stay at the Vagabond Inn. It is a place of great peace and beauty located in the middle of a region of great peace and beauty. We were looking for a stress free vacation and the Vagabond Inn was the perfect home base. The Naples valley is an area of breathtaking beauty, and the Inn sits at the center. Patti, Elliot and James took great care of us and we also had the great pleasure to enjoy a wonderful group of fellow guests. The Inn offers seemingly a half dozen cozy or scenic (or both) spots to sit and enjoy the day's beginning and end. Patti has taken evident care to ensure that her guests get to share in the magic of the location and the environment. We were well positioned for day trips to Canandaigua, Hammondsport and even Ithaca. We spent delightful time at wineries, antiquing, relaxing by the water, hiking and especially Sonnenberg Gardens. Our stay was an experience that we will remember forever."
- June 24, 2012 - "In the interest of economy, we stayed in the small room off the kitchen area - the Hideaway Suite. ($125). The room was small, the bed was only a double (fine for me - husband always prefers bigger!) - yet it was perfectly adequate for our purpose - to relax a bit in the country. We did not have a private hot tub, but the bathtub was a huge soaking tub. The bathroom also had a nice dressing area which made up somewhat for the small bedroom. Best feature was private porch with swing which had beautiful view. We were not bothered by noise from outside our room. Pool area was very nice - lots of seating options, including a multi person glider. Water was a bit cool for me to enjoy swimming. We enjoyed visiting the 3 horses in barn,but forgot to take the apples provided in the guest kitchen. There were 3 lovely white peacocks as well. We heard there was a pig but didn't see that. Interior of house was beautifully decorated. Lots of reading materials. Young gentleman who showed us around and cooked breakfast was very pleasant. Breakfast was french toast made in the waffle iron (he was experimenting) with lots of fresh berries. Coffee was Starbucks and there were scones to nibble on while we waited for breakfast. There was a big assortment of teas available at all times, as well as coffee. Guest kitchen with refrigerator privileges was a nice touch. There was an issue with hot water in the shower in morning- only con. The town of Naples is nice to walk around. We bought fruit, bread and cheese at Joseph's Wayside and Rennoldson's Markets to enjoy at the the B & B. We ate ice cream at Lindy Lou's and tasted wines at Inspire Moore. We visited the Artisan gift shop. Would probably go back if there weren't so many nice places in the Finger Lakes to try out!"
- June 4, 2012 - " We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Vagabond. We were so impressed! The grounds, stables, and views were stunningly beautiful. The grotto-like entrance lent itself to the calming retreat ambiance. The Inn's common rooms are lovely and elegantly appointed. But the room...oh my! The Bristol Suite exceeded our expectations! We especially appreciated the gorgeous and private grounds right outside our door, and the cozy, private screened in porch with the most comfortable love seat to relax and read a book...and small private deck beyond. It was exactly what we were looking for! We found the room, bathroom, common areas exceptionally clean. We also appreciated the environmentally conscious policies the Inn employs. Good for them! We also want to comment about the remoteness of the Vagabond, which is clearly stated on their website. Being from a rural area, we expected the curving, high altitude roads. Be aware that GPS systems work, but sometimes gave a false turn or two. Cell phones don't work, either. One may wish to get dinner after sightseeing, and then return to the inn, or pick up a pizza and bring it back, if one doesn't wish to travel the roads after dark. There are some eateries that will deliver, and the Inn has a basket of menus to peruse. Caitlyn's breakfast waffles were Delish, but Elliott needs to watch those over-easy eggs a bit better! However, the other guests were a delight and we even exchanged emails! The coffee and conversation flowed easily. We loved our visit to the Vagabond Inn!"
- May 16, 2012 - "My partner and I just returned from 4 days at the Inn, this is truly a place of serenity and tranquility.We stayed in the Bristol room which is absolutely gorgeous and has it's own jacuzzi,private screened in porch and outside deck. Everything was clean and the towels and linens are plush.
The area surrounding the house (which is huge and open at all times to guests) has horses, peacocks, and a pot bellied pig named Stella. We enjoyed feeding them apples and carrots which are provided by Patti. When we were there Caitlin made breakfasts which were delicious and Elliott chauffeured us through the wine region so we could both do wine tasting without drinking and driving, This is something I would recommend because it's nice to be dropped off at the door and picked up as soon as you're finished. The hospitality and kindness is always present and this family makes your stay delightful. I do not hesitate in recommending this B & B and hope to return in the future when the pool is open.
Just a wonderful place to kick back and relax!"
May 1, 2012 - "I surprised my wife with a one-night stay at the Vagabond Inn last weekend. I chose it based on the website and other reviews. My first impression upon arrival was that the website just didn't do the place justice. We found the building and grounds to be well maintained, clean, and beautiful. Patti and Elliott are gracious hosts and we couldn't be happier with the time we had there. The Wisteria Suite was great and we can't wait to return!"
- March 13, 2012 - "Beautiful area to relax and unwind. Very very clean and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was fresh and perfect every morning. I can totally see why rooms book up fast...we are definately going back again very soon!!!!"
- November 21, 2011 - "My husband and I just got back from a 4 day weekend (honeymoon) in The Lodge. We had such a relaxing, worry-free weekend. Everyone was very nice and helpful. It was like you were one of the family! It was clean and well kept! We will 100% be going there to stay again."
- August 31, 2011 - "This was the first time we stayed at a B&B and had a great time. When we got there the first night we were greeted by the owners daughter who showed us around and let us upgrade our room. She was very friendly and answered all our questions. We went to dinner and when we got back we meet the owner and talked a little. The rooms are amazing and very clean. The day we got there is was very windy and we were told the pool was a mess and would be ready the next day. I laugh and told my wife its 65 outside why would they even clean it. But we woke up the next morning and the pool was spotless. We found the owner and the son and daughter very friendly. The only down side was not staying longer. We will be going back very soon."
- August 15, 2011 - "We've stayed at the Vagabond Inn 3 different times and each time was in a different room. Each and every room is different and so luxurious! Our room was clean and inviting. The hot tub wonderful and the lap pool refreshing!"
- August 5, 2011 - "The Vagabond Inn lived up to all our expections. The hosts were gracious and the surroundings serene. The breakfasts were tasty and the other guests cordial."
- July 28, 2011 - "We stayed 2 nights at the Inn. With a secluded location and wonderful mountain views, it was a great break from the daily hustle. OUr room included a private spa, great bedding and comfortable reading area. Patti made us feel like family, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast prepared by Elliot (although could have used larger juice glasses)."
- April 20, 2011 - "A week n Paradise - We intended to do this before now, since we were there in June of 2010. The Inn is close enough to Naples for Dinner but out far enough to be quiet and peaceful. Patti is a wonderful and accomodating host. When we go back to the area we will stay at the Vagabond."
- February 20, 2011 - "We stayed at the Vagbond Inn February 18-20, 2011. I had been looking at this Bed and Breakfast for years, and decided to try it as a surprise weekend for my husband for the 5th anniversary of our engagement. Some of the Tripadvisor reviews were not favorable, but over the years we have learned some imporant things. Generally happy people find the good in all they encounter. Generally unhappy people, find the bad.
"So, I made the reservation with Patti over the phone, She was thorough, helpful and very pleasant. Follow-up emails were handled by both Patti and her daughter, Stacy. All were handled quickly and professionally.
"We arrived on Friday evening, We were informed of a "guest kitchen" being available,so we picked up our favorite Napa Wood Fired Pizza on the way, with a plan to heat it and enjoy it after we checked in. Stacy greeted us, and gave us the grand tour. Everything was as described....only the Bristol Suite was far better than we could have even imagined. We heated our pizza, and settled in for the evening. The moon was full, and shined in the expansive east facing windows. It was spectacular.
"We awoke to the smell of omelets and bacon, as our suite was directly behind the kitchen. The pleasant sound of the parakeets from the living area, blended with the sounds of bluejays and a variety of other birds outside our window. It was cold,snowy and windy on the hill....absolutely breathtaking. I had some soft drinks chilling outside the sliding door, and when I opened it, the cutest little dog came running. Stacy's little "Dill Pickle" hopped in to greet us, and then scooted to the dor to get back out to the rest of the guests.
"Breakfast was omelets cooked to order, with bacon, jice and my husband's favorite Starbucks Coffee. We perused local restaurant choices for dinner, and Patti suggested the Brown Hound Bistro, and that they would be happy to make the reservation for us, as the Vagabond has "their own table" there. Stacy made our reservation, and then sent us out to tour the grounds, and cut up apples and carrots for us to feed the horses and pot bellied pig. It was so much fun,and then we walked down to visit the show dogs. They were all huddled in from the cold,and were so happy for the visit.
"At 5:30 pm, we ventured into blizzard-like conditions, and had the best meal at the Brown Hound! Great choice Patti! We returned to the Inn, enjoyed the Jacuzzi with the large windows facing the full moon, and settled back in to watch a DVD for the evening.
"Sunday morning we were greeted by the smell of stuffed French Toast with fresh fruit and sausage. Another great meal.
"We stayed the weekend in the Bristol Suite, which they advertised as the "most romanic suite in the Finger Lakes". We imagine this is very true. The room is well appointed, comfortable,and has 2 sets of sliding doors to decks and patio...and sun room. At 20 degrees on Sunday morning, that sun room heated up nicely with the rising sun. We hated to leave as we sat out there after breakfast, reading and soaking up the sun. The nearly 15' long bathroom counter, 2 sinks, and 2-person Jacuzzi were fabulous. The pool was accessible from our room, and we are sure that in the summer that garden must be even more beautiful.
"Bottom line....Believe the good in what you read. The Vagabond was great. and we have decided that it is our newest winter retreat. Patti says it is at the highest point of Yates County. It was certainly one of the highest points of our year!"
- January 14, 2011 - "We stayed a week in one of the most serene places of beauty. The suite was spacious and luxurious. The food was outstanding, the grounds were lush and beautiful atop a mountain in the beautiful Wine region of the Fingerlake area. We enjoyed our peaceful stay and plan to return again in the future"
November 11, 2010 - "This was our first B & B experience and it was fantastic. Patti and Elliott made our visit more than pleasurable. They attended to every little detail and were more than hospitable. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We stayed in the Hideaway. This room is small but soooo cosy. The pets are very well behaved and we enjoyed them too. The breakfasts were far beyond what we expected and Patti's coffee is absolutely delicious. I have no hesitation recommending this B&B to anyone and as a matter of fact, we are planning another visit ourself. Great, great spot. Kathy and Jim, Niagara Falls"
- 01/10 Re-Entry beyond this oasis known as Vagabond will be difficult - returning a necessity Dr. An Mrs. A.B.R. NYC
- 10/09 Escape from reality, awed by the beauty and renewed our relationship with all Vagabond has to offer.....Dick and Jessica, Toronto
- 09/09 Website does not do justice to the exquisite facilities and surroundings. The rooms are fabulous and the general areas beautiful. Patti and her family made it hard to leave. We will be back frequently to enrich ourselves again....Paul and Cheryl of Buffalo, NY
- 07/09 Swept away by the beauty and karma. This is a place of such charm and warmth only to be outdone by the family that runs it - a family we now feel part of....Ed and Carol, New Jersey
- 06/09 A peaceful haven in a beautiful countryside - absolutely amazing - the best B&B experience in 22 years!! Amie and Doug, Texas
- 04/30/09 A perfect place to start our Honeymoon - so comfortable and elegant. We love the birds, horses and dogs. Pat and Tracey, Alaska
- 08/08 From the breathtaking sunrises/sunsets relaxing in the hot rub under a blanket of stars... our stay is filled with happiness and peace Thank you Bonnie and Jim, Chicago
- 07/09/07 Entering the sign says "Enter as Strangers, leave as friends" nothing could be more true - we are proud to be your friends and can not wait until our next stay Brent and Allyson, Pa.
- 07/07 Like a fine wine this B&B has gotten better with age... we felt at home immediately Napa Valley, CA